All right, I've gone ahead and made an attempt at an Ange tumblr to give the franchise a presence there. http://ausanctuaire.tumblr.com
It's covering mostly original Ange with some Neo and Maren on the side. Any suggestions would be welcome. Some issues:
- I'm linking to the page with the original image in the clickthrough and to the main entrance to the artist's webpage in the "by ~" text citation. Good? Bad?
- Also: tags by character name are all lower case, right? It's "lumiale", not "Lumiale"? Or does it even matter? (I'm talking about how I enter the tags; I know their case is displayed differently depending on theme.)
- We discussed the NSFW problems of the "angelique" Tumblr tag in fandramon's SoulCalibur
post; any thoughts on that? Should I be using the "neoromance" tag, too?
-What's with Tumblr randomly alphabetizing the tags on some posts, anyway?
- I note that none of the blog posts are showing up on the main Tumblr feed (http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/clavis
(or whatever)). I assume you have to have a certain number of posts to be picked up?
- It takes a bit of time to get every character represented, and I've made some admitted mistakes in the early going (3 Clavis pics in a near-row at the start). There will be coverage of the folks currently MIA.
- I'm using a minimalist premade theme, but I've come to like the clean look.
- I've reblogged a couple Ange things from tumblrs belonging to folks on the comm; if you'd prefer it'd not be reblogged, just let me know.
- Finally: what's with all the anger on Tumblr? I reblogged somebody's short impression of the original Ange game from their tumblr and added a link to a followup article they'd written, but I made a mistake with the URL (accidentally sent it to their tumblr instead of their blog), and they got huffy and snippy and brought a few friends in to provide backup huffiness and snippiness. Look, I'm sorry I messed up, but Lord Almighty. I lot of what I see on the medium is rage at people who a) like certain characters or games, b) not like certain characters or games, or c) yell at other people for liking or not liking certain characters or games. Usually all at once. Are Tumblrs just too much of a rage magnet to bother with?
Anyhow, needless to say, if anyone has any ideas on things that should be posted - or things that *shouldn't* be posted, let me know.
On another note, in my searching for pics, I found a few good photos of those prototype Neo Angelique
dolls that were never produced:( Under the cut )
I wish that they'd at least produced the Rene, because how adorable is that, really.